Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Featured Wahm Of The Week"

Name: Lorraine Spencer

) Tell us a little about yourself. I was able to finally quit my full time managerial job last fall and now work at home full time running my home based businesses. I have worked in direct sales for over 30 years on and off and I actually sold Rubbermaid when it was a party plan...lol
I am the mother of 3 grown children and grandmother of 7. I can attest that being a Stay at home mom is one of the best things you can do for your children. Direct Sales made it possible for me to do this with my own children and to also home school them. We homeschooled when it wasn't cool...lol...a trendsetter I guess.

) How many children do you have? 3

) Are you married, single, divorced, never married, in a relationship? Divorced
) What kind of work do you do? I represent 4 Direct Sales companies. My main company is Avon and Thirty-One comes in next. I also sell Jerky Direct and SendOutCards.Are you a stay at home mom? I do work at home, but my children are grown. This does allow me to see my children when I want and to spend time with my grandchildren when I am able to.Do you own your own business? I own my own direct sales businesses Share links if applicable.
http://www.youravon.com/lspencer
http://www.mythirtyone.com/success31
http://www.iluvjerky.jerkydirect.com
http://www.sendoutcards.com/13626
) Do you enjoy the work you do? I love the work that I do. Every day is different. Each day can be a challenge also.

) Did you know that this would be what you'd do as an adult?I never would have dreamed that I would do this as an adult. I just evolved into it. No matter what I have done or tried in my life, I always come back to sales. That is what I am good at, but I am not pushy or anything like that. I just genuinely like people and like to help them. Or was it just something that happened (fate, fun, destiny, coincidence, financial need, etc)?

) Where do you see yourself in five years?In 5 years, I still see myself doing what I am doing, only traveling more as I do it. That is my ultimate goal, to set up all of my businesses to work anywhere, so that I can travel.

)Are You With Any Work At Home Mom Social Networks?I am with the Mom Pack and also Moms United in Business. I also am a member of the DSWA-Direct Selling Women's Alliance and am a member of the board of the Salt Lake Group Chapter for the DSWA.

) Do You Have Any Advice You Could Give For Another Mom About Starting To Work From Home?I think that the best advice I could give to a mom that is starting to work from home is to "Find Your Passion" first...meaning, do what you love and of course love what you do. The rest will fall into place if you love what you are doing. Also, strive to learn all that you can about what you are doing and how to do it best.
If there's anything else you'd like to say, please feel free to say it here. I would like to thank Rachel for this great opportunity to be a featured WAHM of the Week. I love doing what I do and am always willing to help others and answer any questions that they might have. If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to get ahold of me and ask away. Just tell me that you saw the article on here and I will put you as top priority. moolaonthenet@yahoo.com

Here is one of my favorite quotes...
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford (1863-1947)

No comments:

Post a Comment